Monday, May 27, 2013

This is the beginning...

Of the end.

No, I'm kidding. But it is the beginning of something different. Today marks the day when I came to the realization (with the help of Pinterest and Stumbleupon, amazingly enough) that there are some things in my life that I seriously need to change, not only to become happier, because who really knows what 'happy' is, but to become a better, healthier person, someone that I whole heartledly want to be.

I once learned that when Benjamin Franklin was young, he wrote in a journal one thing he wanted to change about himself, mostly deplorable habits such as gossiping or having slothful tendencies. After awhile, he realized that it was easy keeping up with the change at hand, but once he tried to change another habit, soon an old one would return. The moral of the story is this: it is very difficult to change large parts of your personality, so rather try to change one or two parts and focus on making them stick.

Many people strive to change their lifestyle to be more focused and driven, as well as to lose weight and become healthier. I am no exception. This is my journey to becoming a better person, or better in my own eyes, and those are the only ones that really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment